Temporary Work (Skilled) Visa - Subclass 457
Key requirements for this visa
- 457 Sponsorship
- The employer applies for approval as a business sponsor
- 457 Nomination
- The employer nominates the position to be filled
- 457 Application
- The employee applies for the 457 visa
- 457 Provision
- This visa lets skilled workers travel to Australia for work in their nominated occupation for their approved sponsor for up to four years.
- Visa Requirement
- A business can sponsor someone for this visa if they cannot find an Australian citizen or permanent resident to do the skilled work.
The process of obtaining a Temporary Work (Skilled) visa consists of three steps. In order for the visa to be granted, all three steps must be successful. It is important to note that the visa application cannot be lodged before the sponsorship and nomination are lodged.
For more information on your chances to migrate under this category, please complete our free online assessment form for us to determine your eligibility.